End of the Year Giving
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to Seven Star. Our mission is to empower women with martial arts skills and to provide self-defense classes for the broader Seattle community. We have never turned away someone due to an inability to pay.
I thought what I would learn were skills for physically defending myself – like how to punch someone. What I am taking away today is that I have a strong voice and that I should use it. I am taking away more confidence and less fear.
- Participant in a Seven Star self-defense course
Your support is crucial for Seven Star’s success!
- $50 pays for a one-hour self-defense class at a center for domestic violence.
- $100 pays for childcare for a month – covering the cost for a single, working mom who has just gone back to school.
- $480 covers the cost of one year of full scholarship for a teen who has just decided that she needs training to gain her voice as she enters high school.
Help us invest in the future of our school and the many people who benefit from it.
Contribute a Different Amount
Who We Are
Seven Star Women’s Kung Fu provides training to women in the art of Kajukenbo and self defense. Founded in 1981 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit women’s martial arts school, we represent four generations of women teaching women. For 30 years, Seven Star has created a nurturing, non-threatening environment for women to learn practical self defense skills and build strength and confidence through the martial arts.
- Open Sparring - Third Sunday of each month, NEW TIME 11:30-1:00 (open to all styles and genders)
- Beginner’s Cycle: Next beginner's cycle starts Jan 28th 2014 (open enrollment through February 4th) Tuesdays 6:00-7:30 pm and Thursdays 7:30-9:00 pm, Optional Sats. 11am -12:30 pm
- Next Try a Class Night: Wednesday, January 15th, 6:30 to 8:00pm followed by an Open House with refreshments!
- Next 3-week Self Defense Class: January 7th through January 21st, Tuesdays, 6:00 to 7:30pm
Kajukenbo is an eclectic martial art from Hawaii that combines techniques from Tang Soo Do (Korean karate), Kodokan judo, jujitsu, Kosho Ryu kenpo, and Shaolin kung fu into a style that is effective in real-life situations. Kajukenbo does not rely solely on size or strength, making it well-suited for women. Seven Star’s style is also influenced by aikido, wun hop kuen do, and the unique experiences of our instructors. We include self-defense training throughout our curriculum.
Seven Star empowers women to train by offering sliding scale dues based on income, scholarships, ASL interpreting, and free on-site childcare for moms while they train. There are no contracts, annual fees, or expensive uniforms.
Browse our site to find out more—or better yet, come train with us!
For more information about classes or starting to train e-mail Sifu Michelle McVadon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206.720.1046.